Fish and chips have been prepared and sold from this site since 1942 and quite possibly earlier than that still, but we have found records indicating that a Mr Williamson traded as a ‘fried fish caterer’ throughout WWII. The shop then passed through the hands of Mr David Joseph Schofield and into the capable and long founded Jones family from 1952 until 1966, when the shop was purchased by Jimmy Nicolaides and renamed ‘The Atlantic Fish Bar’ in 1971. Jimmy, Androula and family owned the shop until 2001 at which time it was purchased by our family Rob and Anne Field.
Since 2001 we have won several accolades including Weston Ambassador awards, voted Weston’s best chippy by Star radio and runners up in 2011 Morrisons magazine best fish and chip shop nationwide. The Atlantic Fish Bar underwent a refurbishment in 2014 underlining our commitment to providing excellent food and service for generations to come. Our focus during this refurbishment was to concentrate on the fish and chip core of our business, and offer an uncompromising dedication to the best product available.
As well as offering a takeaway, our Meadow Street location has an award winning restaurant, serving classic fish & chip shop favourites like Cod, Haddock, Rock Salmon & Plaice, as well as specials including Mackerel, Scampi...